Thursday, June 6, 2013

P.S. I love you Lenovo



Well, I got my lap-top. I know I told you I would give you a running update on progress but here is what happened. I was doing my initial research. I started at the top-of-the -line systems to see what the bar was. I looked at Alienware, Razer, Digital Storm, Heck just go here: http://computers.toptenreviews.com/gaming-laptops/.  I found an add for Lenovo the Chinese based manufacturing company that (I came to find out) is the largest computer distributor in the world. I had not heard of it until I watched the Super Bowl and found out they provide laptops to the NFL. I went to their website and they had just introduced the Y-500 series. This laptop can rival all of the top rigs I saw in the reviews. And it was cheaper. Still more than I could pay so I started to look around at what else they had when I found the introduction sale marked off the Y-500 substantially.  Still more than I wanted to pay. Then Lenovo had a "if you buy from the manufacture discount on top of that which put the rig under my max I wanted to pay. (it was still higher than the wife's) So, I have a rig that will work for some years to come. Check out DayZ mod and Feed The Beast Mod.

P.S. I hate you MacAfee...
P.P.S look for the follow-up post "I hate you Windows 8"

No comments:

Post a Comment